The workshop was conducted between november 5 and 7 last year. The participants are from the Statistics and Information, Licencing, Monitoring Compliance Surveillance (MCS), Observers and Electronic Reporting Monitoring (ERM) sections. A total of 21 officers attended the training and found it very useful now they realised that sharing of data with Statistics is important to produce and provide Fisheries statistics for National, Regional and International obligations. The Statistics team use Microsoft application (Excel) to analyse data extracted from the Tuna Database Management information System to generate reports. The goal of the training was achieved. 1.Understanding and sharing of data with units of the division. 2.Use of Excel to analyse data from TUFMAN2. 3.Generating and producing of relevant reports
SPC's Dr Andrew Hunt conducts workshop on data analysisWritten by Francis Pituvaka
A three-day workshop conducted by Dr Andrew Hunt of the Oceanic Fisheries Programme ( OFP) from SPC for staff of the offshore Division has taught participants with the basic knowledge on how to analyse Tuna data from the TUFMAN 2 Tuna database Management information System.
Communication Officer for the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources since 2018.
Latest from Francis Pituvaka
- Solomon Islands leading the region for a digitally integrated CDS & traceability e-Port System
- MFMR and Development Partners receive update on Bina Harbour project
- MFMR completes second consultation with MOI communities
- Tuna creates employment opportunities says Minister Giro
- Tuna fishery revenue ranked 2nd by the Finance Ministry