Applications are invited for a suitably qualified person to fill the position of BRAG Chief Programme Administrator, an MFMR initiative to support the Bina Harbour Tuna Processing Plant Project
The BRAG Chief Programme Administrator – Vacancy No: MFMR / BRAG 01/22
The Bina Region Arrangements for Governance (BRAG) Project is a partnership between New Zealand and Solomon Islands implemented by MFMR; with support from NZ-MFAT. The Goal of the Activity is ‘The establishment of well-governed and credible entities that provide equitable benefits to the communities and individuals who host the Bina Harbour Tuna Processing Plant on their customary lands, seas, and waters.’ It is closely linked with the MSSIF project and the Bina Harbour Project Office.
The BRAG Chief Programme Administrator will provide finance and administrative support to the programme and is responsible for all aspects of programme accounting and financial services, including financial reporting, procurement and financial management of consultant contracts, to assist MFMR management and the BRAG Co-ordinator to achieve the development outcomes articulated in the BRAG Grant Funding Agreement (GFA) over the term of the New Zealand – Solomon Islands fisheries partnership agreement.
This position will contribute to the corporate functions and objectives of the MFMR by supporting the creation of opportunities for rural people to benefit from the Bina Harbour Tuna Processing Plant Development
This position is required to undertake the following duties
- Maintain and provide up to date records of expenditure, cash flow and accounting reports using MYOB
- Maintain a consultant database for tracking outputs and payments
- Prepare requests for financial approvals and payments through the Ministry of Finance and Treasury (MOFT)
- Produce financial reports in appropriate formats from MYOB or Excel as relevant
- Reconcile financial reports with MOFT records on a quarterly basis
- Manage standing imprest
- Provide administrative support to MFMR executive if requested
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required or directed by the Responsible Officer or Supervisor.
SECTION D - KEY DELIVERABLES
The incumbent of this position will have their performance assessed according to following key deliverables:
- Procurement is managed using Solomon Islands Government (SIG) processes (finances, contracting etc)
- Annual budgets are developed and well managed throughout the year
- Monthly financial reports and special financial reports are provided on request
- Standing imprest is managed according to Financial Instructions
- BRAG staff salaries, benefits and contracts are managed effectively
- Financial aspects of BRAG consultant contracts are effectively managed (includes tracking and payments)
- BRAG advisors/ consultants are provided with necessary logistical support
- BRAG and MSSIF coordinators receive timely and relevant financial, administrative and staff welfare information
- 100% attendance (unless on authorised leave) and compliance with Code of Conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Accounting qualifications, Degree in Finance, Management, Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Experienced in use of MYOB or similar financial management system
- Experience in donor funded environment
- Experienced in MOFT systems
- Experience with SIG financial processes including audits
- Proven experience in budget administration and procurement
- Proven ability to collate and prepare information in a clear and meaningful manner
- Proven highly developed organisational skills, with the ability to efficiently manage and organise large paper flow
- Contract management
- Skills in use of databases
- Accounting skills
- Computer skills
- Writing Skills
- Negotiation skills
SECTION F - KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Suitability for this position will be assessed against the following key selection criteria:
KSC1. Able to work under pressure and prioritise multiple demands
KSC2. Demonstration of strong technical abilities and skills;
KSC3. Strong team player
KSC4.Honest, reliable and trustworthy;
KSC5. Self-motivated with ability to work independently
KSC6 Ability to meet deadlines;
KSC7 Ability to write and communicate in English effectively
KSC8. Must be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to upholding Public Service
Values and Code of Conduct including high level of work attendance
SECTION G - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Fortnightly Salary: $3,210.61 To $3,502.69 Annual Salary: $83,475.79 To $91,069.87
Annual Leave entitlement: 28 days as per MPS revised leave entitlement.
Other Conditions of Service relevant to this position:
- 10 % HOUSING Allowance $321.06 to $350.27 and Rental eligibility of $3,700.00 to $3,900.00.
- Travelling allowance of $1,000.00 to $2,500.00 in accordance to SIG GO and Public Service policies
This position is a Fixed Term Contract initially for a period of two years with extension possible depending upon staff performance.
Chief Program Administrator
MFMR Project Division, Bina Harbor Project.
Important information for all potential candidates;
- All interested applicants must provide RS. FORM 6, an application or cover letter (addressing the selection criteria in JD), an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic transcripts; contact details of at least two referees. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Only applications accepted for short listing will be notified.
- You do not need to provide copies of your medical report and police clearance when you apply. However, such clearance will be required prior to appointment.
- Previous applicants need not to apply since your applications are already with us and that we will consider them with the new applicants.
Closing Date for all the applications is on Friday 22nd of July 2022, 4:30pm.
Address applications to:
Vacancy Notice No: MFMR / BRAG 01/22
Ministry of Fisheries & Marine Resources
P.O Box G2